English Online’s Volunteer e-Tutors provide informal EAL/ESL training to English Online adult learners. Tutoring sessions provide English Online learners with ample opportunities for developing and practicing English Language skills in an informal context, growing intercultural awareness and building connections.
Volunteer e-Tutors help newcomers improve their English skills: reading, writing, listening, speaking.
Time: 1 or 2 hours a week
Total time with an e-Tutor: 10 hours
How long: 5-10 weeks
- discuss what they want to learn and practise
- set goals for their sessions and work towards them
- discuss and agree on session schedule
- actively participate in the sessions
- follow e-Tutor’s suggestions and recommendations
- complete their Learning Journal after each session
Volunteer e-Tutors will:
- prepare tasks and activities for each session according to their learner’s needs
- base these activities on topics their learner is interested in
- share useful learning resources and/or tools
- share their knowledge of Canadian culture and life in Manitoba
- give recommendations on further improvement
- make the online sessions productive and fun!
You can find a complete e-Tutor Job Description here, or for more details contact:
A big thank you to our Volunteer e-Tutors!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Welcome a newcomer to Manitoba
- Meet a diverse range of people
- Share your knowledge of Canadian culture
- Develop your communication skills and abilities
- Gain new experience
- Boost your career options
- Volunteer online from the comfort of your own home on your own schedule