Tutela.ca is a national online repository and community for Canadian English as a Second Language (ESL) and French as a Second Language (FSL) professionals. Tutela is a Federal-Provincial joint initiative funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
As a repository, it contains learning activities, worksheets, templates, teacher training resources, curriculum guidelines, policy and management documents, research papers and more.
As a community, it offers interactive technologies to support ongoing collaboration and sharing among ESL/FSL professionals and builds community through special interest groups, a calendar of events, survey tools, postings of training/job opportunities, wikis and news feeds. Tutela.ca is a place where you can:
- Share your own useful resources (i.e. handouts, lesson plans, curriculum guidelines, links etc.)
- Provide feedback and adaptations on the shared resources and rate the resources
- Connect with peers in community discussion forums, groups and online meetings
- Find out and participate in PD events, or organize and post your own event
- Post jobs, training and volunteering opportunities
English Online is using Tutela.ca for EAL/ESL teacher outreach, coordination and communication. Join Manitoba EAL Group on Tutela.ca to connect with your colleagues and peers from across the province.
We encourage language training practitioners to join this social network to share their resources, experience, questions and ideas, connect with their colleagues and Communities of Practice across the country, and expand their personal learning networks.
Not registered? Click here