During this one-hour webinar that was delivered together with Jill Hart, English Online’s e-Tutor Volunteer, we learned how to use mobile apps for managing time more effectively both in our ESL classroom and beyond. Watch the recording and get new ideas on how to work more productively spending less energy. Overcome time management challenges and enhance productivity for your professional successes. Use the tools listed below for your professional purposes:
Mind 42 will help you and your learners to complete the tasks faster. Mind42 is a free online mind mapping software. Create mind maps – a special form of a structured diagram to visually organize information. Use it to create To Do lists, brainstorm ideas, organize events and more. Optionally share your mind maps with others. (Source: https://mind42.com/)
Use Pocket to save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later review. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device — phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel — even offline.Share your saved lists with your learners easily and quickly. (Source: https://getpocket.com/)
It’s super fast and easy to add your tasks to Remember The Milk with Smart Add. Enter your task’s properties in one line, including due date, priority, repeat, tags, and more. You’ll never forget the milk (or anything else) again. Get reminded by email, text, IM, Twitter, and mobile apps (Android, iOS, BlackBerry 10). Are you a list lover? Create as many lists as you need. Into tagging? Make your lists both organized and colorful with tags. Subtasks break your tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces. You can create any number of subtasks for a task, and those subtasks can have their own subtasks, too. Share your lists and give tasks to others to get things done faster. Remember The Milk is magically in sync on all your devices. No internet connection? No problem! Keep working wherever you are. Try even more features with your learners and complete the assignments and projects in time. (Source: www.rememberthemilk.com)
Another To Do list for procrastinators. What makes Finish so unique? Reviewers praise its automated timeframes system. Simply add your task by specifying a name and due date, and Finish takes care of the rest. The duration for your task is automatically calculated, and your to-dos are instantly placed in the proper timeframe. But that’s just half the magic. Once you’ve added a task, Finish keeps track of how much time has elapsed, and auto-manages your tasks by sliding them into the proper timeframes and sending optional notifications. You don’t even have to think about it. (Source: http://getfinish.com/)
- Read more effectively with annotation tools as you browse around the web. Add digital highlighters and sticky notes whether on PC, tablets, or mobile, and have them always be where you left them when you return! Print to mark-up? No longer necessary. Better recall? Proven! Create reports with your annotations? just a few clicks, and no more copy & paste into Word or email.
- Build your personal library in the cloud, with links, pages, notes, pictures etc, never to be lost, and ready to be accessed anywhere. Of course, those digital highlights, sticky notes and screenshots you added while going around the web automatically go into your library.
- Say goodbye to broken links and lost treasures. The web is dynamic – valuable content you found earlier is often no longer there when needed. Diigo archives the webpages for the links you save. Better yet, the archived pages are fully searchable. So do not just bookmark, save to Diigo!
- Provide feedback and catch attention with annotation or screenshots. Want to draw attention to a particular paragraph to your Twitter followers? Highlight it and tweet. Want to comment on a student’s writing? Use sticky notes for inline commenting. Want to provide feedback on a web design? Capture the page and mark it up.
- Organize your information as little or as much as you want. Since Diigo provides powerful search capabilities, the simple act of saving or annotating something, often with just one-click, will enable you to find it easily later. But of course, when you do want better organization, for easier review, for connecting the dots, for better sharing, for presentation, or whatever, Diigo provides unsurpassed organization capabilities, with both tagging and lists, to suit different needs.
- Share information as much or as little as you want. One advantage of storing information in the cloud is that you can share them easily when you want to. Each piece of information can be set as private or public on Diigo. If you are an extrovert and like to share your passion and showcase who you are, make public as the default! If you are introvert, keep them all private! Want to send a whole collection to someone? just a few clicks away.
- Enable better collaboration on information for any group, large or small. Too little or too much sharing with email? Build a group knowledge repository for your family, your class, your team, or your entire company; each group member can add and subscribe to it, and browse and search it. Better yet, group members can interact with on-the-page annotations. So imagine your class are all reading the same Wikipedia article, and commenting and discussing right on the page! (Source: www.diigo.com)
Evernote is one of the top-ranked mobile productivity apps that gives you the tools you need to stay organized. Use Evernote to capture your ideas and goals, turn them into action, and keep track of your progress. Evernote even syncs across your devices. Boost productivity with Evernote by:
Writing everything in Evernote – have all your notes with you wherever you go.
- Understanding your goals – keep specific goals in Evernote, and check them often to make sure you’re staying on track.
- Keeping a list of accomplishments – remember everything you’ve already finished by maintaining a notebook showing everything you’ve crossed off the list
- Using audio – record “lightbulb moments” when they occur to you, and never forget another great idea.
Watch the recording of the webinar and find out more useful tools that we’ve used. Thanks!